The Roaring 20s: 1920s Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daithi "The Irishman" Devlin

3 posters

Go down

Daithi "The Irishman" Devlin Empty Daithi "The Irishman" Devlin

Post  Thegamersean Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:55 am

---OOC Information---
Fatal Hotel Username: Thegamersean
Real life name (This is optional, but it will help us establish a better connection with you OOCly): Sean Patrick Morrison

---IC Information---
Vital Statistics

Full name: Daithi Patrick "The Irishman" Devlin

Titles [Both currently held and previous] (This is important if your character is part of the nobility): Smuggler (known in the criminal world slightly), Sergeant in the IRA

Meaning of Name: Since most smugglers of Daithi's Popularity aren't Irish, he has come to accept his nickname- The Irishman!

Nickname(s) [If any]: The Irishman, Yousonofabitch

Sex: Yes please (Male)

Age & Date of Birth: 27- 12/09/1893

Birthplace: Small, unnamed Village in Ireland; Raised in Dublin

Current Residence (Room, not town): Small apartment

Lives With: His dog, Chewer

Past Occupations: Irish Republican Army (IRA), Mercenary

Birthday: (Stated above...)

Physical Appearance (Please include a picture): Daithi "The Irishman" Devlin Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMcnf6sJJbF8CLkq3wZDUcwvZt8IPp69Ud8IBO4ItzEXj97YIvnA Daithi "The Irishman" Devlin Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTlYUm2bUmkHoMgidtpFEZOJPpNZRrWYE9HoduAqL26inUZG_V

General Description/Facial Features (Best to fill this out completely as possible if your picture is a drawing/anime): Small stubble, short brown hair, commonly wears an Irish cap and a brown trenchcoat

Height & Body Type: 5"11 Fairly muscular, hairy chest and forearms

Eyes: Dark navy blue

Skin Tone: Slightly paler then "normal"

Scars: Four bullet hole scars spread out among his body, one on his torso, two in his arm, and one in his leg

Type of Dresser: Casual clothing, yet threatening or charming- One of the two

Hair Color & Style: Brown hair in a frizzy mess, short

Tattoos/Piercings: N/A

Other: N/A

Personality & Such

Disabilities: Temper temper temper

Mental State: Perfectly sane y'honer! (sane, but tends to fly off the handle during heated moments of combat or argument)

Talents & Skills: Great at Parkour and quick movement, excellent hand to hand combat, bayonet, trench knife, and rifle training

Activities/Hobbies/Pastimes: Was a member of the IRA but fought during twisted WWI moments when things would go south

Self-Image [How does your character see him/herself? Is he/she confident, or are they insecure?]: Fookin' awesome! (He has a high ego, but not that of a snob or a German (te-he), that of someone who truly loves to be alive)

Weakness (Must have at least one): Women (that can outsmart/flirt him), fast planes (LOVES 'em!), and bullets

Overall Personality: One charmin' son of a bitch!

Best Personality Trait: Charm; This character is extremely great at getting in your head and making you his friend

Worst Personality Trait: A very loose temper

Fears: Starvation/Dehydration

Sexuality: C'mon, ya even have to ask? (Very very straight)

Thoughts on love & Relationships: Loves to have a girl on his arm but marriage, in his line of work, is out of the question (does enjoy the French look on Romance though)

Relationship History: Many girl friends along the way during WWI, one from almost every country (he's a ladys man)

General Likes: Booze, fun people, good conversations, and speed (plus bar fights)

General Dislikes: The British and Germans

Usually Equipped With [Weapons and other objects]: M1903 Springfield (shortened down to fit in his trenchcoat which has a special pocket built in for it, if he has his trench coat) and a Colt Model 1903 Pocket Hammerless

Background

Mother: Sherry Devlin

Mother's role in upbringing: A very kind mother, always supporting his sun and cleaning his nose after he picked with the wrong kid

Father: Unkown

Father's role in upbringing: Was not involved

Family Finances: Poor, a reason Daithi joined the IRA

Birth Order & Siblings: No siblings

Relationships with Siblings: N/A

Education: None, except for basic education by a higher-up in the IRA, mathematics and the such

Ethnic Heritage [What ethnicity is your character descent from? English? Irish? Chinese?]: Full-blood Irish

Accent: Irish

History: Daithi Devlin was born in a small village his mother had originally grown up in, but had later moved to Dublin after his mother was deemed a whore for sleeping with a man she did not know then bearing his child. Growing up on the Dublin streets was hard but Daithi managed to get by doing so. Economics however forced him to join the IRA so his mother would get a small fee from his service as well not having to pay for his food and stitches. Daithi did as the IRA did but was only barely involved in combat, mainly peace keeping issues with ruffians. He did practice constantly and became great at hand to hand/bayonet/knife training because of it. He went on from the IRA to become a mercenary, which quickly turned him into a smuggler of people, items, and weaponry. He was once caught selling weapons to both sides during WWI and almost got lynched because of it. Seeking new opportunity and a way to clear his name, Daithi has come to France to redeem him self and to gain a little cash and women if he can. But what he didn't expect was to find France, too, had fallen under the Jazz age...

Languages Spoken: Gaelic, French, English

Religion: Catholic

Theme Song:

Last edited by Thegamersean on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thegamersean

Back to top Go down

Daithi "The Irishman" Devlin Empty Re: Daithi "The Irishman" Devlin

Post  IloveFictionalCharacters Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:02 am

It appears my monopoly on the irish charmer has been broken, I pass the torch to this guy.
However, Your theme song.....could you get abit more sectarian for me please Neutral ?

IloveFictionalCharacters

Back to top Go down

Post  Thegamersean Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:15 am

What do you mean Sectarian? I thought an IRA song would fit Daithi perfectly. I was going to do "Me Little Armalite" but an Armalite didn't exist during the 1920s. This song, technically, didn't either but there are few modern references. And it's a good song! Really though, I don't understand the definition of Sectarian.

Thegamersean

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachelaa Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:19 am

I DUNNO BOUT YOU GUYS BUT WHEN I THINK IRISHMAN I THINK SOMETHING MORE ALONG THE LINES OF THIS

Rachelaa
Rachelaa

Back to top Go down

Post  IloveFictionalCharacters Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:39 am

By sectarian I mean the whole catholic/protestant divide which manifests itself into an Irish republican/british divide.

The whole song is about shooting government soldiers.
But yes, it is catchy when done right.

IloveFictionalCharacters

Back to top Go down

Post  Thegamersean Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:32 pm

He's a different kind of Irish, a loose cannon- Not a tradistional one. He may be raised Catholic but he does not strongly support the religion. He's a smuggler; There's no real time for emoiton (also, typed this at school so I can't watch that video for another two or three hours). Daithi is a potty mouthed, booze drinkin', fight havin', woman lovin' son of an Irishman- What can I say, his personality speaks for it self.

Thegamersean

Back to top Go down

Post  Thegamersean Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Oh, THAT irish song from Holmes- Oh yeah, totally usin' that song (with your permission).

Thegamersean

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachelaa Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Go for it mang
Rachelaa
Rachelaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Thegamersean Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:18 pm

Changed the song.

Thegamersean

Back to top Go down

Post  IloveFictionalCharacters Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:15 am

Good choice champ, Rocky Road to Dublin is among my favorite irish folk songs of all time.

IloveFictionalCharacters

Back to top Go down

Post  Thegamersean Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:12 am

I actually chose the song from Titanic, but Rocky Road to Dublin is good too. I was looking for a faster paced song but this was all I could come up with.

Thegamersean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum